Monday, October 20, 2008

Page 21

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS

page 21

1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; (1Tim 4:)

THE SAND BOX

Dominion Theology; Manifest Sons of God; Third Wave; Joel's Army; Signs and Wonders; Kingdom Now; Global Oneness; One World Government; One World Religion; Venus Transit 2012; Illuminati; Beast System.


If the above list of words cause the hair on the back of your neck to prickle, they should.


"You be the bad guy and I'll be the good guy."

"No fair! You were the good guy last time, it's my turn."

"Ok, you can be the good guy, but I'll be King of the Bad Guys."

"Let's build castles with this sand."

"Yeah, ok, and here's some sticks for swords."

"Do I hear Momma and Daddy fighting in the house?"

"I don't know. I'll go see."


"I asked, they said everything's ok and not to worry. But Daddy has a cut on his face, and Momma was crying real hard. But I guess if they say everything is ok, then I guess it's O.K.."

"Yeah, I guess so. So let's get back to our game."


In and around 1961 I was in the Army stationed in Germany. At the very end of my hitch, all ready to come home, I was extended and my unit (an Atomic Missile base) was preparing to move to battle stations at the Berlin Wall. A while later I was extended again because it looked like we were going to move out to Cube for what was called the Cuban Missile Crises.

Neither of these occurred, but we, the soldiers, knew we were right on the brink.

But when I was finally released and arrived home, I found that few people, if any had much awareness as to the seriousness of these events.


Not long after this we heard of more stirring in Cuba and read that American ships were headed in the direction of Cuba. From the White House we were told not to worry, that it was just a precautionary measure.

So we didn't worry. We knew Mommy and Daddy had everything well in hand.

Years later, after all was said and done, we learned that we had been in fact on the very brink of WW3 and World Destruction.


But, that was then.


Seven years, 3,000 American lives and 1½ Trillion Dollars ago we were told that we were going to waltz into a foreign country to the thunderous applause of the natives, free them, and waltz right out again.

And who can say? maybe in another seven years we will waltz right out again.


Although I am aware of current world situations and the direction they are taking, the purpose of my website is not politically bent. I can see that we are heading for destruction, and we have been since I was just a small child when Hitler and Japan were trying to take over the world, then Russia and China had their turn - and all us Chil'en were ducking under desks expecting an Atom bomb to be dropped on our doorstep any moment.

No, I'm not a bit surprised that destruction is coming; we humans have been trying our best to blow up this planet for many years now My surprise is that it hasn't happened yet!


Besides nations and kings trying to force this planet into chaos, there are many factions, both religious and secular that are joining in the race, each wanting to be the one that holds the a match to the fuse on the bomb of oblivion.


Has the fuse been lit? We won't know for some time, because the "news" we are given is always years behind the actual event.


Should we be nervous about this world coming to an end? Why? Is there anything we could do about it if we had all the facts? Of course not. So, I say, if you want to worry, then worry about the botulism in your canned spinach, it would be more productive.


If you're an Atheist, or just uncertain about God, then the only choice you have is to sit and wait, and maybe hope a little.

If you're a "Christian," that is someone who goes to a church under that title, then you can do the above and add prayer to the list of thing you can do.


If you are a Believer, that is led by the Holy Spirit then you can rest in the knowledge that nothing happens without God's direction, nor will anything happen before its time or outside of His purposes.

And you know this, because you have seen it happen time and again in your own life. And you know that if He can orchestrate your life, like He did the lives of Moses, and Jonah, and Pharaoh of Egypt, and Daniel, and Joseph - than he surely has control of the lives of World leaders as well.

Does this mean the world will not come to an end because God has control? Not at all. It means the world will come to an end because God has control. God has told us so in His Bible, and He told us how it will happen. What He hasn't made perfectly clear is when it will happen, nor who will make it happen. The where and the who is what these people and organizations listed above are battling one another to determine and become.


Meanwhile, you and I can listen to Mommy and Daddy fight while we build sandcastles in our sandbox.


CROSSED WIRES

Are you a mechanic? How many of you have changed the spark plugs of your car with the result that you inadvertently crossed the wires? It didn't run very well, did it? But, unless you had a four cylinder car or the like the chances are it did run, just not as it should have.

Without a diagram it is very hard to figure out what wires are crossed, and which are ok. The chances are you will pull the correct wires and end up with them being crossed as well.

Of course you can look at another car and duplicate what you see, but unless that car is the same as yours, there is a very strong likelihood that the number one cylinder is not the same as that on your own car. Then, even if the car is the same as yours, how can you be sure that car is wired properly?


Automobiles are not the only place crossed wires occur. Theology is full of them as well. And when you consider that there are thousands upon thousands of wires that can be mismatched, it is not hard to understand why there are so many different Theologies and Denominations that follow one or the other of them.


Why are there so many different interpretations of the Bible? Isn't the Bible very clear on what we are supposed to learn from God's Word?

Not according to the Bible.

1Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? 2For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. 3He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations. 4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not. (Isa 66:)


Did you notice where God said He only looks to those who look down on themselves? Remember how Jesus spoke down on those who lifted themselves up, and lifted up those who were downcast? Jesus said those who thought they could see were blind, and those who knew they were blind would be shown the light.

God also said that "When I called none did answer." Now, who is the One who calls? Didn't Jesus say He was the One who calls? The one who stands at the door and knocks? The Good Shepherd who His sheep hear His voice? Then, if that is true, then who do you think is talking to Isaiah here? Then, who would you say is God?

Also, did you notice that "none did answer?" Didn't Jesus say the gate to Heaven is narrow and there would be few who find it? Yet the churches are just loaded with "Christians" being told they are on the way to Heaven. Could Jesus have been mistaken, and the gate to Heaven is in fact a Superhighway?

1Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine! 2Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand. 3The crown of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim, shall be trodden under feet: 4And the glorious beauty, which is on the head of the fat valley, shall be a fading flower, and as the hasty fruit before the summer; which when he that looketh upon it seeth, while it is yet in his hand he eateth it up. 5In that day shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people, 6And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate. 7But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment. 8For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.
9Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: 11For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. 12To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. 13But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken. (Isa 28:)


The precepts of Wise men are not wired properly. Oh, the wires look ok, and the vehicle (doctrine) runs, or should I say staggers along. But what did God say is going to happen to those who have wrong precepts wired to wrong precepts and lines with wrong lines?

9Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink. 10For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. 11And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: 12And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. 13Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: 14Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. 15Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us? 16Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? (Isa 29:)


If it is difficult at best to connect only eight wires and get them right, what do you think the chances are of getting hundreds of thousands right? Wouldn't you say it would take the Master Mechanic who built the car and wrote the instructions to help us get them straight?


The purpose of this website is to help you do just that. I don't claim to have the right answers, nor to possess the diagram with which to make the correct connections. What I do claim is to know the Master Mechanic who does have the answers, and to introduce you to Him so He can instruct you. But first, before He can teach you any thing, you have to recognize and admit that you do not have the answers, and that the "Drunkards" claiming to have the answers do not.


THE FEARFUL? WHY?

5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Rev 21:)


I'm a coward, always have been. I see this passage of Scripture and say; "What's the use?" I wonder why I should bother being a Christian and following all the other dictates of the church if at the end I can't make it in anyway because of the very first sin that is so much a part of me.

And I wonder how many of you have thought the same thing, since I am sure I am not the only one who sees himself (or herself) as a coward.

It came to me just this morning what Jesus is talking about here, and why cowards (Fearful) will not make it to Heaven.


During war time a coward is not tolerated, no matter how fine a person he is in all other aspects of his life. If a soldier runs, or doesn't advance into sure death along with his fellow soldiers he leaves an opening for the enemy whereby they can infiltrate to the rear unit. They also endanger all their comrades in arms, very possibly leading to their deaths. And why? Because he, the coward, is trying to make things easy on himself in spite of what it may cost others.

The sentence for cowardice, is death.

This is man's way. Is it God's way as well?


Millions of Jews, God's chosen people, the ones He picked to lead and protect, refused to enter into the Promised Land because they feared it would be to dangerous. They did not trust God to protect them and lead them, in spite of all He had done for them in Egypt and through the wilderness.

Because of this lack of faith, their cowardice, God sentenced them to die in the wilderness. These were trained soldiers who refused to move forward when they were commanded to do so. What would have been their sentence had they been soldiers in any Army of any nation of the world? Death, of course. Cowardice leads to death.

Later the Israelites repented and tried to fight their way into Canaan without God's protection, hoping to avoid their death sentence.

They died in the attempt.

In battle, if a coward, who discovers he is going to be sentenced to death for his cowardice anyway decides to turn around and join his comrades, who has already taken up the fight without him, is still a coward in spite of his going into battle.

He is still trying to serve himself, and not the "cause."

And who would trust him in future battles?

In the case of the Israelites, they were interested in preserving themselves, and not serving God.


The above illustration demonstrates an extreme situation. But for most of us, such a situation does not apply. But is there any way that being fearful does apply to the average Joe of Jane?


"I would like to tell people about Jesus, but I would be embarrassed. They might think I'm a religious fanatic or something."

"Yeah, I was in the war. Got twenty medals and two purple hearts to show for it, not even talking about this bum leg what's been blown away. But to go talkin' about Jesus? That's going too far. It's ok for preachers and the like, but you don't know my friends. Why, they'd laugh me right out of the poolroom. No sir-ree I don't talk that Jesus stuff. I go to church and pay my ten percent. That's as much as anyone could as of any body."


"At my church we're told that helping support the missionaries is the same as being one of them. That once we said the sinner's prayer we are saved forever no matter what we do after that. My Pastor told us that, and I'm sticking by his word. I know he knows what he's talking about."


"At my church we have a list of things to do, like going to church and giving up certain things on special occasions. We're told that as long as we confess our sins to the Priest, we're forgiven and God has to take us to Heaven. I do all those things, so I know I'm ok."


Have I described your experience with Jesus? Am I anywhere close?

What did Jesus have to say we are to do in order to not be one of the "fearful" ones? Let's see:

32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. (Mat 10:)


"Confess me before others"? Love Him more than family? Take up his cross? Follow Him? Lose his life for Jesus' sake?

Did Jesus really mean all of that? Or maybe He was just giving some hints as to what we might do if we wanted to. Do you think that might be it? Kind of like a General telling his soldiers they can charge at the enemy and get their head blown of if they really wanted to; otherwise they can just stay in their fox hole and play video games on their cell phone.


Now, I've presented a picture of people who are living the lives of the fearful. I am painting a picture of those who are doomed - and placing myself right in the middle of that picture since I am one of the fearful described above. So where does that leave me? Is there any hope for me? Well, if there wasn't any hope for me, then I would do as all the others in the illustrations given; I would seek a copout and hope God accepts it when I have to stand before Him at my Judgment.


Cowards. Are there any cowards in the Bible we can look at whereby we may learn how to rise above being a coward?

Of course we have David and Joseph and Noah and Joshua and Moses; but all these were courageous all through their life. They are no help at all for us cowards. But there is one in the Old Testament who had his moments of cowardice; that man of faith - Abraham.

Both in Genesis Chapter12 and again in Chapter 20 Abraham told his wife to say she was his sister so that the kings of the land wouldn't kill him in order to take Sarah for their wife. Yet Abraham was not struck down by lightning because of this cowardice.


And in the New Testament we have an even better example of a coward and what it took for him to overcome his "fearfulness" in order to remain in right standing with the Lord. This man, of course, was Peter, the "Rock," the spokesman and the warrior of the twelve disciples; the one who struck out against great odds when a mob came to take his Master from him.

Yet, when Peter was confronted for his fellowship with Jesus, he "cursed and swore" in his denial of Jesus, and not just once, mind you, but three times (Mat 26:all).

So, by this, his denying Jesus, especially in His hour of need, I suppose Peter will be standing alongside the rest of us fearful folk ready to be cast into outer darkness, do you suppose?

No, something happened to change all of that. And after that change, Peter became the courageous person, the Apostle who withstood the leaders of the day, without sword other than the Sword of the Word, a Hero of the Faith who followed Jesus to his death.


What happened?


Peter, along with the rest of the Apostles (and many others) were given the Holy Spirit. And by the Holy Spirit, Peter, as well as thousands of others were able to overcome their "fearfulness."


New, I believe we have a formula by which you and I can overcome our fearfulness and stand shoulder to shoulder with Peter and the Apostles. A formula by which we may become part and parcel with Jesus as He sits on His throne ruling the world.

There are only two places to stand at the Great White Throne Judgment, either with Jesus, or before Him being judged; either on Jesus' right hand with His sheep, or on His left hand with those who think they are sheep but have never lent themselves to hearing the Voice of their Master.


Those who have received the Holy Spirit do not only overcome their fearfulness, but all the other self-serving characteristics of unconverted man as well. And because they have changed from the Worldly, self-serving man into the new man of Glory, they will be shunned, and very possibly persecuted by those who remain in the World, which could very likely include the church. Remember, Jesus, the Apostles and the Martyrs as well were persecuted by the church of their day, not so much by the World.


Only through the Holy Spirit are we able to have the power to overcome our natural cowardice. And our carnal instincts. And with the Holy Spirit we will find we are unable to be anything other than the Spiritual person Jesus demands we be. Therefore, if we find we are able to please ourselves, and to fear the opinions of other, than we are still carnal and have not become part of the Body of Christ as we are led to believe.


CONNECTIONS

Which denomination is the right one? Which church is the one most favored by God? Of course you know what I am going to say -- none of them.

Churches, that is the man-made institutions we have built and fortified with walls of doctrine with which to imprison its members and ward off the outsider "heathens," are designed to connect people, not the Body of Christ.

The Body of Christ, the true Church is not held together with the glue of Doctrine and the chains of membership. No, the Church is assembled and held together with the Blood Jesus shed in sacrifice for His Body; and connected, one member of the Body with another, and to Jesus the Christ through the Holy Spirit, which is the true essence and sustainer of the Church.

There are two planes upon which we may live - the horizontal which is like ants scurrying about the ground merely surviving from day to day. Or we can live the vertical life through the Holy Spirit as we were intended to live, like the butterfly who has broken from his earthbound worm form, ventured through his binding cocoon called the Valley of the Shadow of Death, and is now experiencing the freedom of the Spirit all believers are to share in - if they release their grip on this earth and its hold on us.


AGE OF MAN

Modern man, and perhaps Ancient man as well, questions the validity of the Old Testament statement that pre-flood humans lived for hundreds of years.

Why?

Do we question the long lives of other forms of life? As a for instance there are plant and fungus colonies that are believed to be hundreds of thousands of years old. Then, if one were to take the word of "Experts," there are those like the Pando tree that is about 80,000 years old, and some even claim it to be over a Million years old. But that is a clonal colony type plant, which none of us can relate to.

A little closer to home we have the Great Basin Bristlecone Pine that was measured by ring count at 4,844 years old when it was cut down; and the Fortingall Yew in Scotland which is estimates to be between 2000 and 5000 years of age. Or consider the "Methuselah" tree that measured by ring count at 4,838 years old, and is apparently still alive and kicking. [Now, don't ask me how they could count the rings of the tree without it having either been cut down or fallen down. I just report this information; I had no hand in creating it.]

These are not the only trees of great age, but they show that long life is far from impossible.

But, then again, few of us are of the vegetable family, although some of us act as if we were. So let's look at some animal species to which we can (and by some accounts are) relate to.


First there's the quahog, a mollusk, found to have lived 405 years, while yet another lived to be 374 years old. Then there's the Giant Tortoise that died at the age of 256 and the Bowhead Whales that live up to 210 years of age. Of course that's not 900 years like our pre-flood ancestors are reported to have lived; but it's a lot longer than we live now.

But, since most who are reading this information are at least inclined to be more on the human side of the Animal Kingdom, let's take a look at some of the oldest people.

There have been, and still remain many, many people living well over the age of 110. But the oldest documented lifespan is that of Jeanne Calment of France (1875-1997), who was aged 122 years when she died. There are several others who are reported to be over 120 years old, and one who is claimed to even be 128; but we at least know for sure of one person who reached the age of Moses who died early because of disobeying God at 120, and Joshua who died being 110 years old.

Consider, if you will, that 110 to 120 was rather common in the days after the Exodus. I find no one disputing this age. And how could someone dispute the age of these ancestors when people are still living to that ripe old age today?

But, how about before the Exodus? What did peoples' lifespan look like then?

Well, we have Joseph at 110 years; and his father Jacob at 147 years of age; and Isaac who had 180 years of life; then the Father of all believers Abraham lived to a ripe old age of 175; while Terah, Abraham's father, was 70 when he begat Abram (renamed by God "Abraham), and died at 204 years old; while Nahor reached 144 years of age. The generations between Nahor and the sons of Noah ranged between 200 to 400 years of age. Not the pre-flood life span to be sure, but a goodly age none the less. Now having reached the survivors of the Deluge; Shem died at 602 years of age, and his father Noah carried with him the pre-flood age of 950 years, 600 of which was before the flood, the age of long lives.


As I look at the list of these ages, certain things come to mind. I guess it's the "logic" part of my brain at work, the part of my head that gets me into the most trouble that is doing the questioning, but here are the questions none the less.

My thinking is: if the ages of people before the flood were exaggerated, then why were there just as long a life spans after the flood? I could see how there might be a different understanding of time, causing a confusion of ages if all the long lives were divided by something as catastrophic as the flood. But that isn't the dividing line we are seeing.

In fact, it appears to me as how there was a kind of tapering off of ages the farther we withdraw from the flood. I find it interesting also that the long lives were given, primarily with but a few exceptions, to those "wicked" generations that were annihilated. In fact, the "shorter" lives, that is less than two hundred years were begun with the most righteous of people, that is, Abraham and his descendants. Consider Abraham at 175, then just three generations later Joseph dying at 110, and 500 years later Moses meeting his death at 120.

And to this day, 120 is still essentially the limit; interesting?


Again, thinking of a logical reason for a possible cause of mistaking the ages of the pre-flooders; Perhaps it's because different people were recording the information, thereby confusing one measure of time for another. Maybe. But we run into the problem of Noah, who again, lived just as long as the pre-flooders. So if there was a discrepancy in measuring time - when did that discrepancy occur? Certainly not at the flood.

Also, if we consider that it was different people recording the information, we encounter the problem of who wrote it. Isn't it tradition that Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible? Doesn't that include Genesis? And if Moses wrote about events (like Noah's age) after the flood, didn't he also write about events before the flood? If this is the case, wouldn't Noah have noticed the discrepancy and corrected it?


But, all this aside. If we finally worked it out in our little pea brain just what really happened, we have to contend with these two statements by Jesus himself:

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Mat 5:)

18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. (Rev 22:)


Now, I don't know if you can see a way around it, but it appears to me that the only way Jesus can make such statements as those above is if He had a firm hand in every word that was written. [ I know, what about problems with translations. Argue that if you will, I'll stay clear of that controversy.] And I should say if Jesus had the writers write just, and only what He wanted said, than if I argue the ages of man, I am arguing with God.

No thank you. I'll accept what I've been given.


And finally (a first of the finally's to come), here's a little point of interest that seems to have been overlooked by those who like to argue ages:

17For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. 19And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. 20There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. [He who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere youth; he who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed -- NIV] 21And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. 22They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. 23They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them. 24And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. 25The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. (Isa 65:)


Now, to me, I would say the Bible is talking about a very long life - and that is in the future, not the past.

19Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. (Acts 3:)

6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? (Acts 1:)

10And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? 11And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. 12But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. 13Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist. (Mat 17:)


"Restore all things." When I look at Isaiah 65 above I see long life being a part of the Restoration of all things. But does that mean 900 years or more as was Noah and the pre-flooders? Check this out:

4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Rev 20:)


Now, we know this refers to the "Restoration of all things," and these people are not only living a thousand years - more than the pre-flooders, but are resurrected from the dead besides! Why doesn't anyone contest this statement I wonder? It surely is more unbelievable than people living a mere 900 years!

Besides, to me it just makes sense that at the beginning of a creation such as God has created that He would want people to live a long time; this fills the earth just that much faster.


Live to be a thousand years? Mere child's play in God's scheme of things. Consider this:

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Mat 25:)
53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:)

5But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; 6Who will render to every man according to his deeds: 7To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 8But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, (Rom 6:)

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. (Titus 3:)


Now we're talking about Eternal life! Why isn't this questioned I wonder?

The reasoning of the carnal mind is without understanding

7Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. 8For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. 9The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jer 17:)


Ignoring all the above that relates to the future; is there anything in the past that might give us some kind of indication that when the Bible says mankind lived for hundreds of years that it truly means hundreds of years? Is there some tiny bit of evidence that will unquestionably indicate that whoever wrote the pre-flood account knew the difference between years, and months, and other such measures of time?


First, a refresher: How long did Moses live? How long did Joseph live? How long did Joshua live?

How long are people living today? Does 120 years sound about right to you?

Now, take a look at this verse, written long before the flood and tell me what you think:


3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. (Gen 6:)